Monday, December 15, 2008

Re-Production

Andy Warhol, Re-Production 1974

Not sure if this is even any good. (My internets messin up again)

I did not find what I was looking for and found this instead.


I was looking for something on "The Factory", which was a Pop-Culture thing that Warhol set up and it was essentially the beginning of the art scene defining the 1970's. Edie Sedgwick, Hendrix, Sassoon & many other icons found their beginnings at The Factory. In a book I read once in the early 70's on Sedgwick's life & death I was surprised to learn that the whole modern art scene was governed by the few very rich sons and daughters of the elite who used The Factory as a meeting place and establishment to coordenate from.

If I find the film I was looking for I'll publish that one here too.

Enjoy,,,

No comments: