Friday, December 19, 2008

In the air tonight...

Rumor, passion, bullshit or lies,,,

I don't know but some things I do know.

Rumor is Phil Collins sent his son to a summer camp, swimming, boating and everything.
He returned there unexpectedly to see his son drowning (his son was very young).
What he saw was the camp owner standing by and afraid to rescue the boy because he himself could not swim.
Phil Collins was an unknown drummer for Genesis band at the time (the man thought he was a nothing).
Phil's son died, he being distraught said nothing.

But....

He later held a concert under the name "Phil Collins Band" name and sent front row tickets to the owner of the campground.

He sang this song just to him, pointing at him as he sang and accusing him.

The man left the concert and went to his hotel and hung himself.

I feel bad?

I feel bad for Phil Collins only.

You be the judge and notice the water on the face in the beginning of the vid, also see that his son did drown.

Only thing missing here is why Phil Collins saw it and didn't kill him right then and there. He said he was lost in grieving or shocked...

"In the air tonight" true or untrue, I never met the man but I hurt every time I hear this one,,,

No comments: