Wednesday, December 17, 2008

email scams explained

This is a copy of an email I sent to a friend that was a copy of an email I sent to my niece. LOL, way too complicated for me to explain so, read it if you want, don't if you don't want.

This is a copy of an email I sent to my niece [name removed]. It explains to the best of my ability what the forwarding email scams are and why they generate them and try so hard to get everyone to send them to "everyone on your email list"

Please don't be offended because these are the real facts.

This one was to an email stating that The American Cancer Society would pay three cents into the hospitals billing account for an 8 or 9 year old child who is dieing from cancer for every person that that email was forwarded to. I know it's hard to believe but people do use sick people for financial gain in any way that they can think as possible. Truth is "They are ALL scams, they ALL steal your account information and they steal all of your friends information too". LOL, it makes me glad I have nothing to steal, so from me they get NUTHIN!


[name removed] that was beautiful but I myself cannot forward it because 999 out of 1,000 of these are "bot mails" meaning Robot mails. The forwarded to addresses don't go anywhere but to an emailer reader program that then collects all of the names off of each mail forwarded and stores them in a data file. From there the data file generates lists of email addresses that are sold in bulk to various people, persons or companies for their own "unspecified" uses. Many if not most are used for spam lists that are again fed into another email bot which has lists of customers paying them to load up their spam messages and THEY are the ones that get paid 3 cents per email.

The stories are written carefully and beautifully to make you feel obligated to participate with them, they also always carry a thread of guilt within to deter you from avoiding the task of adding ALL of your contacts to the list. They know that guilt is an unpleasant feeling and people try to avoid it at all costs.

I think that this is the third time in three years that I have attempted to explain this to you and it seems that you do not want to believe me so don't believe me. Ask someone else. Get on Yahoo and look up email spam, scams and tricks. Read what I have read to learn this for yourself because every time someone sends you one of these emails forwarded and with the header still attached your email address is being sold too.

One more point: The "other people" that buy them are those nice folks that send you malicious ware, spyware and web tracking components. Those are what ruin most computers right now rendering them unable to use the internet effectively and send out thousands of emails through backdoor ports on your computer and slow your speed down to close to nothing while they are sending from your computer.

I love Ya,,,
Unk Dave

No comments: