Sunday, December 14, 2008

Margo Timmins

The Cowboy Junkies!

Her name is Margo Timmins. I met her in Philidelphia in January 1999 after her show at a signing. We talked a bit and throughout the discussion she revealed to me that she was not married. The essential members of the band are "Margo & Peter Timmins", so I just assumed.Upon hearing this I looked at her very politely and said "WOW, yer not married? I'd sleep like a dog on the floor at the foot of yer bed just to hear yer voice every morning".

She smiled...

We exchanged email addresses and she sent me notice of an upcoming performance in Boston in 2003 or 2004, so naturally I went to see it. (I lost her email address in a switchover from @home.com, so don't bother askin me)

What I could not believe was she still remembered me. "What a compliment that was!"

Their first album is called "Trinity Sessions", they recorded it in an abandoned church in Montreal for under $250 total and it is their best work I have ever heard.

They now have a project out called "Trinity Revisited". No local stores in my area but I will get it for my collection.

Here is a link ---> [link]

Enjoy,,,

No comments: