Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I just made 4 posts to kill one

I just made four posts to get my sons pictures off of my front page. Not that I mind seeing him because I wish I could. Just that it hurts too much to see him too much.

I studied photography for many years, spent thousands of dollars on it only to realize something. What I came to understand from it was all the pictures you will ever see are still there right in your head.

A picture of a tragedy or a dead person or someone you loved deeply is not needed. Respect itself for what was in your life has provided you with all the images you will ever need, most times more than you will ever want.

I'm not one to look at ghosts when I live with those ghosts in my head. I really don't want to see pictures of my dead son when I already see too many in memories that I can never avoid.

I posted his pictures after months of avoiding it. I posted them for others who barely really ever got to see him, not for me.

I see him almost every hour of the day several times. That I am sure will never go away because I still see my living children as much and as often. Just I don't lament for them.

No comments: