Thursday, December 18, 2008

I "HATE" Country music , Cowboys, Catholics & why

Hi.

I grew up in and around the professional (not Professional, but just professional) Country & Western scene. Both my mother and aunt were Professional Country & Western back-up singers.

My aunt even had an agent "Vince Lombardi", he was a lawyer involved with the gang era in Boston.

How do I know this? I was sentenced to five years in prison in Mass for class-a felony drug involvement. My mother called a wild-card and he came to see me. Six months down in M.C.I. Concord he told me "Look, I play golf with the judge. For $5,000 I can get you out in a couple weeks because I play him this weekend". I replied "Sure", he got me out.

I never paid him a dime. I hated him and that law. My mother came to me and asked why I would screw her long time friend. I couldn't tell her, but still I never paid him because of what he was.

My aunt was Patricia (Shevory) Livsley. In 1972 or 1973 she invited my cousin Fran to stay over Easter Eve. Fran was 10 or 11 then (she didn't even have her own daughter Loretta there that night).

She put her turkey in the oven and then lights out!

She brought her niece there so she could kill herself, I guess she needed an audience.

We started getting calls Easter morning about 9:00 in the morning for my aunts best party ever.

Everyone felt sorrow except me.

I felt like she had just opened a new book for me read, I kinda just read the book and didn't give a shit.

Why?

Pat was the first singer in my family, my mother was the second. They were both involved with all the greatest names in the business. Both were offered professional singing contracts. My mother refused and my aunt de-fused. I think my mother quit with the death of her sister.

But...

Before she quit I got to see those assholes up close!

I met Tanya Tucker when she was just thirteen. I was eleven and I was so awed by her I was scared to speak. Glen Cambell was there too (I think this was June or july 1972 at The Indian Ranch). My mother just finished two sets on stage backing up two bands and now it was customary lunch break. Another backup singer announced at the table with about six bands & family members. "See y'all, I'm goin go fiddle tha fiddler.", I being a stupid kid asked my Ma what she meant. Mom answered "She means it's time for you kids to go darlin", so Tanya Tucker and I got a free paddle boat for two hours while vans went'a rockin.

Not so bad, huh?

A few years later I went to her show in Reno, Nevada and she was in an affair with Glen Cambell. He was freakin old when I met him and she was young too, way too damn young for him!

I left the show not a third way through.

Not enough? Nope it aint because that was only one example but I'll tell you this... "Those guys dont purty emselves up and buy fake hats fer nothin, they don't fake accents and pretend to be cute for free either.

They are friggin PIGS and it IS all an act because not one in twenty can do anything musically without stealin it from someone or paying someone to write it for em.

BTW, I made this post for my family. Not for you. They think I hate Cow-Crap music because my mother sang it. I don't but those morons don't even know that when my mother sang for herself (not for money) it was The Blues she sang. I'd like to pretend she refused the offer for a professional contract deal out of concern for being a good mother. I know she didn't. I wonder though if she didn't hate those assholes as much as I do tho...

Catholics???

Ask my grandmother why I hate them because it IS most of the reason her Lovely Daughter killed herself on Easters Eve with her granddaughter in the house to make it into a show.

This is Steve Winwood. He aint special because he's never kicked his dawg, wrecked his pickup, tried to be a man actin like a pussay but he can play the guitar.

Watch the vid, notice that even the speed of the camera shutters cannot keep up with him. It was shot (I'll bet) with 400 speed film, F-8, those are still fast settings. I'm a photographer so I know a little about it.

Enjoy the vid, it aint cow-puck, it's blues an rock mix...

Alvin Lee with Ten Years After - I'm Going Home

No comments: