Thursday, December 11, 2008

Roger Dean


Roger Dean is brilliant as an artist. Reason being is he only paints what was never there,,,

In his world land floats, his world is defined by conceptual islands, each containing it's own element, each defined on its own plane.

He gained notoriety in the early 1970's with his album art productions. Most notably would be for his work done for the band "Yes", but he went beyond that and created so much album art-work that (I think) in 1977 he published a complete book called "Album Cover Art - Roger Dean". LOL, I think I sold drugs just to buy that book "wish I still had it but I cut it up and framed most of the pictures to hang on my wall"

Here is a link to his site [LINK], this one to an art page [nother link], First link is.... I donno, you'll see for yerself I guess...

Enjoy,,,

No comments: