Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jan Saudek


This guy is Fantastic!

I used to collect his work even before I got on the internet.

Back about ten years ago when I started messing around in newsgroups I joined many usergroups as a means to collect and trade files and pictures, etc...

This guy posted a couple of Jan Saudek floods. That felt like Christmas morning for me. I liked his posts so much I did an internet based newsgroup search for his posts to get the senders email address and sent him an email telling him how much I loved his post and offering to send him some Saudek that I had out of my collection. I knew I could just reply to him in the newsgroup but I opted not to because I didn't want every lurcher and his cousin bugging me for requests.

LOL, he replied "I thank you for your offer but I already have all of his work because I am Jan Saudek." I was delighted and we exchanged emails for quite some time and after several months of this I got pissed-off at the internet people I was involved with and gave my computer away. When I returned back to the internet some months later I found that all of my email archives had been dumped and I lost his email address along with all the mail he had sent me and the attachments.

Living out here in Wile E. Cuyote country my I.S.P. doesn't feel the need to offer newsgroups so I guess I'm just shit-outta-luck with the idea that I could go back to the group and find him again.

Anyway here is his site Jan Saudek and it is well worth a look, and a second look and a third.

Enjoy...

No comments: