Monday, January 5, 2009

My art

She takes me down a lonely avenue
my coat is shorn, my feet are swollen
I plead to her not to pass this way
she continues on, sometimes dragging me.
the feast is full. I try not to eat from it
both sides lined with memories that she ate from
she does not know and I cannot tell her this
but it pains me so to see, smell and feel what has fed her this
road is long, I know it has to be
hundreds times longer back behind I think
a brook that runs into a gentle stream
another lie, it's seduction and I've learned not to trust in it
the rains come hard, often quick it seems
wets grass and feet, wets air and hands
its's designed to distract from the path it seems
a little storm and you forget where you are
the sun comes down between the tallest tree's
little rays of light give hope to almost the deadest things
nothing here can live, not to maturity
why do I walk this path with her?
Honest?
I have no choice

I had a dream once
it was of hopes
I'd hoped to change her path instead I added two too more to it
I had hoped

As I have failed I'll concede to it
forever regret the lives I offered into it

If blessings be death and I am sure it wont
then limbo be my fate. I hope to be forgiven

is not to wish, products of the dreams
but to pay, be forgiven, redeemed like only the honest can

Does this have a name?
Yes it does but the name comes at the end
the name is called "I have failed"

No comments: