Saturday, January 24, 2009

Aerosmith story & post

I first saw Aerosmith live in Boston on Huntington Ave. In I think April of 1973 or 74. I had gone to see an Alice Cooper concert at The Boston Gardens. My mother thought Alice was a female singer (LOL). I was supposed to go with my older cousins and some older guys. I was 12 or 13 then but I convinced my mother to drop me off there to meet them. I don't think they ever showed. Bonanza Bus Lines was my only way for a ride home that night, but they stopped running at midnight, before the concert ended. So now here I am just a kid leaving with 15 or 20,000 other kids from a concert stadium after 1:00am and nowhere to go.

What do I do?

Smartest Idea I could come up with was go to the 99 cent all night XXX movie theater in The Combat Zone just to get out of the cold and sleep till Bonanza was running again in the morning. But,,, I didn't get any rest in there. Other people from the concert went there too and they had good drugs. I bought first black (opium laced) hash and then smoked it and then Amie Poppers (Amiel Nitrate) in a 1/2 ounce bottle and the combo hyped me up, so I walked.

I was on Huntington Ave about 3:30 in the morning when in a dorm house, up on 4th floor I see a guy sitting half in and half outside a window, with a 20 oz keg cup of beer and hear great music. I yell up begging for a beer. He tells me "c'mon up" Now I'm in the middle of a college keg party and it was great.

We killed the keg shortly after 6:00am but it was ok because it was one of those fantastic first spring day mornings.

By 7:00 we were all out in the parking lot playing Frisbee, others joined us and I estimate we were about fifty counted with at least ten Frisbee's and at least ten joints going around at any given moment between us. Everyone had their radio's tuned to WBRU (Boston Universities Radio Station) & music filled the air.

I paused a few times thinking that no life could have ever been better than mine at that moment untill...

WOW! This shit-heap old bluish van pulled in and parked. These crazy bastards opened the back doors and three guys jumped out holding Pig-Nosed Amplifiers and guitars. Drums already set up at the back of the van facing out and it was Fukkin Aerosmith. In under two minutes them boys was jammin!

It was crazy. They played until campus security and police chased them off.

My friend Donna became a groupy for them. I honestly didn't remember the name of the punks in the van (being whacked out on Amie, hash, opium, Acapulco gold, beer and whatever else I could get my hands on), she kept Aerosmithin' this and Aerosmithin' that and my opinion was "Shut the fuck up Donna already. Nobody cares about yer wet panties and yer freaked-out school-girl crush bitch!", that was until I saw them again and said "Hey, that was them! WOW!"

In an interview Steven Tyler said "I have to play and I have to sing. Even if I never get payed I'll still do it because that's me and it's what I am". Then he went on to say he got his start playing (crashing in on) college parking lots for free.

Sorry story was so long but it's true. Sorry I don't exactly remember what year but truth is even at age 11 I thought I was 20 so some of those times I got caught up in my own version of reality and forgot where I was.

Last Point: I've been 100% drug free for over 15 years now but don't regret my dance with the drug. Just out grew it, that's all.



Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion





June 1995 Aerosmith Mama Kin Club Boston
(Not a music vid but a Boston club preview)





Walk this way (Punked up version),
Dream on & Back in the saddle again,


No comments: