Sunday, October 4, 2009

What are desires or tastes?

For me they are confusion.
Desires don't change on a gradual level, they change in an instant.
I remember reading Stephen King. I read & collected all of his books but half way into my last book of his I closed it. This was after well over ten years of reading his work too, but I really was done. Dean Koontz too. I did the same with him.
How the hell you break up a relationship with a damn book?
You just put it down & walk away.

So many other things too.
I once loved the damn Go-Go's, thought they were so hot I desired them beyond any expectation I could understand & "yes, I wanted the whole band, not just one member", but I woke up one day changed.
Suddenly they didn't look like sex-pots, they still looked like musicians, but not any longer my fantasy.

Then the shock of my whole life hit me. 40 year old wimmin looked great. I started noticing their way & state of being and admiring them.
I guess in one day I dumped all of the Go-Go's and went after their moms.

What is the point here?
We keep growing, keep evolving. One day it's butter-nut ice cream, next day forget why you ever liked it.

I guess it keeps the wheel turning because nothing goes stale that way and I guess I lost more than one woman friend that way when she lost interest in me but I guess I can still remember the butter-nut ice cream and how great it used to taste and the way a woman used to look at me and I'm still thankful for the experiences.



Peace...
Funk!

1 comment:

darlin said...

Awesome blog Dave! I love it!