Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cooking for starvation, or cooking with next to nothing....

"Eeet the eggs, eggs is so good for you. Eeet and grow up to be strong and crush this world order that set out to starve you!"



Disclaimer notice, please read this and sign here ---> [______] to show that you understand & agree. "Only joking folks. I don't have anything against people that starve nations, lie and steal our resources and seek to dominate us like the fools that we are and deserve to be."

This lady though is lovely and this is my second post on her.

Quote from original post follows...

DepressionCooking <--- check this link out for more good stuff from her.

93 year old cook and great grandmother, Clara, recounts her childhood during the Great Depression as she prepares meals from the era. Learn how to make simple yet delicious dishes while listening to stories from the Great Depression.

My comment on her post:
FunkingDave (41 seconds ago)

Clara I love you Hon and admire you 100%. You remind me of my beautiful grandmother. She taught me a few beans & rice tricks too.

Wanna hear one? Aiight, here's one...

Boil the water just once and place in a thermos, add beans or rice, close lid and leave it for a few hours. When you open it it will be cooked to perfection with no burning or mess to worry about.

No comments: