Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm a getty'yap, get back, yakkity-slap, hen's in the chicken house, don't look back cowboy now

My Icon...
Tha's right folks.
I was borned and bread in Massachusetts.
Back in the land of the wise, the fair and the free.
Where laws was laws for all or none.
Where lawyers out numbered people one to three.
Where yer cousins names all fit on one birthday card.
In a place where your door was closed it was closed.
Privacy not an option there. People respected it as a part of life.
Most full names you'd never know.
But now on year number five in Near-braska land I've learned the errors of my ways.
Out here they use up all of yer name, insist you spell it out just to be safe.
Caint pluck a hair from yer own ass without them knowing it how and why.
Ignorance aint a word out, least not defined it as I've seen.
Ignorance is just the way it's done, good nuff fer him, good nuff fer me.
Slander is darts along a row. What you don't know you just create.
It's pride be blind and blind to shame.
It's recklessness beyond remorse.
But I'm a cowboy myself right now.
Spend close to five years gettin trained.
Lost most my accent, neglect my thoughts.
Why waste my time trying anyway, but I made up my icon to describe the new me.
I hope you like, don't care if you don't!

No comments: