Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My favorite color?

*smile
I found my favorite color quite by accident. Someone painted it and I could never escape it.
Georgia O'Keeffe painted everything from death on the prairie to vagina's in flowers, love of love and loss and fate. I found her work maybe 1974 and she amazed me with her brilliance.
I can't find the picture I wanted to post and might have to buy it again to see it myself again as should be, but it was a beautiful flower resembling a water Lilly, it was violet and so clean and pure. I just loved the picture and since that day I have loved the color.

This is no representation of her art work because I respect her too much to rip her off, but it is a tease and it is her.

I see the first one as death of the prairie, second as her beauty...




Now Wiki's comment on her with a link or two following...

Georgia Totto O'Keeffe (November 15, 1887 – March 6, 1986) was an American artist.

Born near Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, Georgia O'Keeffe has been a major figure in American art since the 1920s. She received widespread recognition for her technical contributions, as well as for challenging the boundaries of modern American artistic style. She is chiefly known for paintings of flowers, rocks, shells, animal bones and landscapes in which she synthesized abstraction and representation. Her paintings present crisply contoured forms that are replete with subtle tonal transitions of varying colors. She often transformed her subject matter into powerful abstract images. Importantly, O'Keeffe played a central role in bringing an American art style to Europe at a time when the majority of influence flowed in the opposite direction. This feat enhanced her art-historical importance given that she was one of few women to have gained entry to this level of professional influence. She found artistic inspiration, particularly in New Mexico, where she settled late in life.

Link to Wiki's page [here], link to some of her art [here]. BTW, all of her work is safe for all ages. I only see the vagina's in her paintings because I'm a horny freak!

No comments: