Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Winamp post

I argue and argue and argue but often it seems that with some people (my son) I get nowhere. Many people use Windows Media Player and that is not only a power hog but it rats you out by reporting everything you watch or listen to to MickySoft and I hate RATS! So still I say Winamp is the best out there, except for watching vids.

I just installed a new DSP/Effect plugin for my Winamp (version 5.541 Free Edition), it's called "GFX 3-D Sound Enhancer" and it expands your stereo effects, boosts the bass and enhances the all out sound quality in stereo. I'm not using my surround 5.1 card on this box because I have instead just the cheap-assed onboard stereo output wired into my 1970 Kenwood reciever. I like the surround but it's a trade-off for hard-real sound quality and I like to shake the windows some and wake up my crackhead neighbors when they finally try to get to bed. Point of all of that is that it might not work well on 5 or 6 channel surround, but in stereo it's a bonus.

Winamp can be downloaded for free from this site. I'll try to paste the info on the plugin below but if I screw it up again like I always do then you can get it here anyway.

One more note: I like Winamp and always have but very soon I might not anymore because it looks like they sold out to AOL and it never took AOL very long to ruin anything they ever touched. Still the AOL free versions such as my favorite (v.2.71) are still available at OldVersion.com.

Winamp Media Player - MP3 Player, Multimedia Player
Winamp DL link if it works.

Download GFX 3-D Sound Enhancer Download

Author's Comment:

Allows to make your sound colorful.

GFX Sound Enhancer allows to make your sound colorful. There are three supported effects - 3D-surround, hyper bass and fidelity which can definitely improve your sound. It is easy to use and no addition knowledge is needed. There is a wide variety of presets which also help to tune you sound.

- Dolph Frizer

No comments: