Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ednaswap Band

I was lucky enough to have met Anne on a few occasions. I think the first was in October 1998 or so. Ednaswap was playing a show at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island and I stayed and talked with her a little after the show. We exchanged email addresses and kept in touch for a few years. Those were my AOL days and eventually I quit using that sh***y service (I was kicked off for life for mail bombing idiots, booting and punting people offline, LOL-AOL), anyway they took with the account all of my email addresses and hers was one I lost. Before that though she would mail me and tell me when she'd be in or around the Boston area and I did make it to a few more of her shows before loosing her contact information.

When "Little miss Natalie" <--- that was what Anne called the idiot, did a cover of (or stole) Torn I talked with Anne about it. She said that Little Miss Natalie was not the first band to rip her off for that song and that while she starves living out of a van on the road it is completly legal for any idiot to take her music and use it in any way they want. I tell ya, she looked pissed just talking about it. Anyway she's a very beautiful and fiery little lady and I was (still am) very grateful for meeting her.

Funny thing about life is your parents feed you in ways you'll never understand until it's all in the past. One thing my mother did for me was take me to her shows when I was a young boy. She was a professional backup singer for many top Country & Western stars and I think I met, sat and ate with and talked with most of the top ones prior to 1972. What that gave me was a confidence around them that has lasted since then so that even now I can meet a performer and I know how to act and treat them with respect (when I want to anyway, LOL), It does make things easier on them and on me when I do meet someone & that's a nice gift.

The song "Torn" by the band that wrote and recorded it before it was taken from them. Real musicians manually playing musical instruments on a song they actually wrote. From "Wacko Magneto" 1997 * Anne Preven - Vocals * Rusty Anderson - Guitar * Scott Cutler - Guitar * Paul Bushnell - Bass * Carla Azar - Drums

Ednaswap was a band from Los Angeles, United States. They existed between 1993 and 1998. Frontwoman Anne Preven came up with the band's name after she dreamed she was in a band of the same name that was so bad they were booed off-stage.
www.myspace.com/ednaswapok

Quoted from andyburntguys , who is a YouTube user & the guy that posted this vid.


Ednaswap - Torn
"original artists"

No comments: