Monday, May 24, 2010

From 1961 to 1979, Jet and Street Fights

I LOVE the first song in this post. It's The Jet song from the 1961 play West Side Story, apperantly Alice Cooper did too (Listen to the similarities), then David Essex's own version. It's nothing like the others but the guy is great and it fits. I think he started out in the play Godspell. I'm not exactly sure but he did send me some email and we chatted a little bit for a while. He and a few other artists have contacted me through my contact info on here. I'm always glad to hear from them and so far I haven't gotten anything negitive about my posts. We exchange a few emails and I just let it go at that. I'm a carpenter and one thing I hate most of all is shop-talk, given that I don't try to bother any of them with too much shop-talk and just enjoy the few correspondences we had.

Funny story tho... I had a chat friend through a news group who shared some awesome photographs with me. This went on for a couple years or more and then one day he started sending me some batches of Jan Saudek's work (I think I remember right but might have been another photographer), anyway I was chatting with him under some screen name and I replied to his email thanking him for the great sends and asking him if he'd like some more of those from my collection. He laughed and thanked me and said he didn't need them because he was Jan Saudek.

I was in awe but what could I say? I just thanked him for sharing his work with me.

OK, here's the damn post...

West Side Story-Jet.
Download the file [here] or watch it below...





Alice Cooper - Gutter Cat vs The Jets-Street Fight
Download the file [here] or watch it below...





Alice Cooper - Street Fight - album rip.
Download the file [here] or watch it below...




David Essex - Street Fight fet The Warriors.
Download the file [here] or watch it below...

No comments: