Saturday, February 7, 2009

Christiane F. (Very powerful story!)

I first rented this movie in 1992 because it featured David Bowie and I had been trying to find a copy of the German release of "Heroes". I had no idea how powerful the movie would be, or how close to home it would be for me.

I was so overcome by this film I went back and rented another VCR and bought a blank tape to copy it at a cost of close to $100 back then. It as would be with so many other things that I valued, it was stolen from me by someone who I thought was my best friend at the time (thanx Monti!). I couldn't find or even order another copy of it until I found this one on a blog about her about 4 years ago. I saved it and just found it again. Below I'll post it but more on that later.

The movie is about growing up in the 1970's. It's about the traps, the confusion, the total chaos of the whole scene. It's also about the losses because living that way you would see most of your friends die from it and kill most of yourself (it seemed) before you ever even understood fully what you had gotten into.

Below is Wiki's post on Christiane. I know of many blogs on her and have read many comments on her by people who supposedly know her personally. I'm not going to post any of what I think might just be gossip or slander because I think too highly of her myself. I will however tell you that every time I think of her a part of me asks God to be with her and protect her because she has gone through hell on earth.

Christiane F. (born Christiane Vera Felscherinow on May 20, 1962) is a former heroin addict famous for her contribution to the autobiographical book Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo, and the film based on the book, which describes her struggle with various forms of drug addiction during her teens.

Early life:
Christiane was born in Hamburg, but her family moved to West Berlin when she was a child. They settled in Gropiusstadt, a neighborhood in Neukölln consisting mainly of high-rise concrete apartment blocks where social problems were prevalent. Christiane's father was a violent man who drank heavily and raged at his family, and her parents eventually divorced. When she was 12 years old, she began smoking hashish with a group of friends who were slightly older, at a local youth club. They gradually began experimenting with stronger drugs, such as LSD and various forms of pills, and she ended up trying heroin. By the time she was 14, she was a junkie and prostitute, mainly at the then-largest train station of West Berlin, Bahnhof Zoo. Here she became part of a notorious group of teen aged drug-users and prostitutes (of both sexes).


That above was Wiki's version. The link to their full post is [here].

Christiane F - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo
"We children from Zoo Station"



This is a decent quality version of it but it's English Subbed and it's in 13 parts. "I can and will send it combined into a single movie per request but in parts like this you can view one while you download the next, it all depends on your preferences"

The best way to view it is to download VLC Media Player for free, download all of the segments and add them to a VLC playlist. Trust me, "This movie is worth all the effort"


Free VLC Media Player Download

Movie part 01
Movie part 02
Movie part 03
Movie part 04
Movie part 05
Movie part 06
Movie part 07
Movie part 08
Movie part 09
Movie part 10
Movie part 11
Movie part 12
Movie part 13

"Life takes from us piece by piece
we shatter in realms but we divide it in dreams.
One moment we stumble, another we count
if blessings be blessing then how do we count the losses?
I'm amazed at this life here though it's all beyond me.
I read of Christiana, but I've seen more so why do I care?
I've seen hundreds of my friends die and more not for these lines,
I'm amazed and confused so because....
I ask...
"is life really this bad?"
"and nothing, no nothing can keep us together,
we can beat this forever & ever & nothing will drive us away, because...
We can be heroes, but just for one day!"

Enjoy...

No comments: