Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The history of and how to play the Sitar

Brian Jones, George Harrison and a handful of other musicians brought the Eastern sound of the sitar into Rock & Roll. For me it was a very interesting sound that even today I find very comforting to hear.

This film is about 1 hour, 40 minutes long so to hear and view it properly I recommend you download the file using Orbit Down-loader or ANT.Com's Ant toolbar. Some of the info on how to do that I have posted on another page [here]. The Ant toolbar link is [here], I myself use both down-loaders with Ant as my preference because with it you can allow a film to buffer for a few minutes and watch it while it completes downloading in full screen. The advantage to that is the film won't often skip or lose buffer and you can seek through it easier.

Watch this video to learn the basics on how to play the sitar. Click [here]
to watch more educational videos.

No comments: