Wednesday, July 8, 2009

For Theresa....

Impossible to plan around your little mental fits.
Impossible to understand your lies and your conflicts.
Impossible to reason with you and your influence.
Impossible to predict you or your past intent.
Impossible to deny you are an asshole.
Impossible to help you when you work so hard at it.
Impossible to trust anything you say.
Impossible to give you any trust in anything.
Impossible to have any faith in you.
Impossible for me to even try to live with you.

Every hour is an hour you stretch or strain.
Every moments an hour if you decide it is.
A minute can be ten or whatever you want.
You lie on everything like you know you do.

Reality is reasoning, we all know that's true.
Reality for you is excuse to blame and that's what you do.
You are by far the most dangerous person in my life.

You would blame me for killing me and I think you might.

Is openness season, can you find it this time?
Or is the liar the reason, have you built a good lie?

Can walk down a narrow be the decided way?
Or do you need the distractions on other pathways?

How has honesty lost you? How far are you off the path?
Find the joint in your knee-bone and turn it back round.

I am your excuse now but don't be for long.
Don't wait for suddenness to find you and find you alone.

One breath is the answer, my retreat from your tide.
One last breath and I escape you then no more fighting for me.
In shallow water you'll stand then, fish or fight or you die...
But stupendous reflex and change might be for your gain.


I'll stop my babble, quit talking to myself.
But I wish you're weaknesses were less and you'd try.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funk, This poem is more than a message to one woman. It shows a deep understanding of the conflict between all men and women. Women need to acknowlege the need in all men for honesty and abandon lies and head games. Lack of honest communication is the prime reason for the 50% divorce rate in the USA. Everybody lies but women make a religion of lying. The stress of listening to women's lies is the prime reason that men die sooner. Enuf Said.