Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tori Amos

I just listened to Silent all these years for probably the 1,000th time. Something was different about it this time though. It was and always has been a good song but this time it was fantastic! I came out of the bath to listen to it closer and then I wanted to hear it completely from the beginning.I rewound it and played it again and I think that this was the first time I ever really heard the beauty of her voice and the flawlessness of her talent as an artist...

I figured I'd try and share it with you. God Bless...

"Tori Amos performs her hit single "Silent All These Years" from her 1992 release Little Earthquakes live in the studios of 89.3 The Current."

My comment: "I hear every word and although Tori Amos is beautiful beyond even the realm of a mans dreams I am so-so glad I have never met her. I hear her words and I see that I'm not even close to being in her league. That woman cuts with both edges of the knife. Don't get me wrong and suppose I'm implying that I don't admire her, because I do. I love her even for her talent, but she's by far sharper than I ever will be and along with that she's equivalent to a narcotic that would completely take me body, heart & soul."
Another version featuring Leonard Cohen...

No comments: