Sunday, November 1, 2009

Elevien.

I've seen eleven dancing babies
Three in fact had same name as me.
I've seen seven and twenty chances
Taken none, I'm not that way.
I have cried, seen the weakness come.
Danced in snow and rain.
Puked in gutters, felt the world spin round.
For all of that I stand in shame.
Wanted things I shouldn't not.
offered losses up for gains.
Sold stories up as reality,
objections up up as gain.
In loose ends or in frailty
in levy or in remains,
I've seen the worst of many places,
I've seen wicked and I've seen shame.
Bloodiest of all places is in the heart of every man
Even the heart can't fill the loneliness
of the sorrow held within.
All words are empty wisdom
No word speaks right with me.
Shallow waters not for bathing in,
nor is the expansion of the sea.
Eleven naked babies, three of them had my name.
Why so many my dear God?
I wish I had my own name.
I wonder this and question this,
because to me it drives me sad.
It's just my name and not much more,
but my name is all I have.



PS: R.I.P., Father, son and brother....

No comments: