Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Re-Post of Patti Smith with Distant fingers included for Barb.

Distant fingers, for Sweet Barb...

Download the MP3 here Babe [link]


"Barbera, a minute into this vid you'll see the angels dancing
that she painted, very close to your painting and I think
it's the reason I wanted yours so much..."
Love Tawit....

Patti Smith,

How could I describe this fantastic woman?

She can't even define herself, because she has no clue.

She's a poet, an artist and a musician but I'm sure she never knew her value, still doesn't.

I found her music in and around 1976 with her album Radio Ethopia. It was something totally new to me because most of it was not music. It was mostly deep writing behind a curtain of sound.

I think I fell in love with her.

Today she's still all she ever was but.... She's a taste of sanity that most would seek to avoid rather than enjoy.

Want some hints?

Aiight, here are a few.

Song "Aint it strange", the one I'm uploading up top of post right now for you is about the reality of addiction. In the song she sings "Down in Vine land there's a clubhouse. Girl in white dress. Boy shoot white stuff and they tworl and they fall and they fall to the floor. Aint it strange". Then she cries as she sings.
She was trying to explain that addiction takes all, even cute little virgins in white dresses.

Pumping... Oh Wow!. I was 15 years old and I masterbated every day about six times but she was a beautiful & cool woman and she sings about it? I woulda died if anyone found out I did that. She made it almost feel legal for me to do it (a little bit)

Listen...

"My heart starts pumping, my fist starts pumping... Baby come, baby go you feel the huricane"

Pissing in a river... She's defeated. She attempts to earn back her mans love with good sex but only succeeds in pissing herself off. In the end she'd rather punch his ass out.

Here is song...



Point is I never encountered such honesty in approach to lifes scary spots before Patti's music.
What she gave me was the goal post to aim for when dealing with some of the harder aspects of maturing into life and reality of feelings.

I Fuggin LOVE You Patti

NOTE: She plays a Fender Strat & she plays it well!!!

No comments: