Monday, February 14, 2011

Nebraska's for sale again!

The following is some of the art work that I've been doing lately and posted on FaceBook. Following will be my explanation as to why.


























Above are some of the variations featuring both the puppet and  goddess named (I suppose) MeMe. I'm actually not so sure of her name but the terms "Me, Me, Me..." and "Oh Me-me, pick Me. Me..." are used so commonly in everything out here, that I do think they have already gone so far past the point of expression that they are now more similar to phrases of worship.





MeMe is in there for that reason, next is the puppet and the depth. I tried to create the illusion of layers and depth and that's where the puppet relates. he looks forward (in his own eyes) towards MeMe, but actually, she's in the depths herself.





The several variations are because I still couldn't get this to bring out my expressed desires for it. I wanted everything to go deep into darkness, but I'm not that good yet. I might try it with oil if I can ever scrounge up the money for a new set.





The other picture is the King of Nebraska, the NebrasCow. He's the male gender form of MeMe, and he has his puppets too. The one to the left and behind him is his thoughtless, vague form of a henchman. Watching and listening, not even to what he hears but to watch the audiences reaction to what's being said. His other objective is to make sure the audience feels intimidated enough to if not agree and applaud to at least dare not to object openly on any of the matters presented.





Why would I be thinking this way?





Long story but here's part of it.





My son just won some major achievement awards and even though that should be only a time of honor and satisfaction. It wasn't taken that way by me. Other things came up in my mind, like the the pathway that he had to travel to get to this point and I am not so glad about those aspects of it.





I'll start out quick and try to remain quick about it, still some framework is needed here.





Out of respect for my son Only, no names will be used used in this,





My son was home schooled just about all of his life back in New England. As I began to get seriously ill I decided to move out here mostly because I thought they needed decent and honest schools to attend (I refused to allow them to go in New England over the racial issues, gangs and drugs). Upon entering school here he skipped either one or two grade levels, the differences between the two would be based on which two school districts you were comparing against out of four or\sixteen different combination scenarios. When he entered he had no experience in the school settings or the social aspects of it. He excelled anyway and in his first semester he began to climb very quickly up in the academics portion of his school work. In many ways he was well above those he attended classes with, if not all of them.





He worked hard and should have graduated with honors, everyone thought he had and that includes the schools own staff members, but that was stolen from him. My way of looking at it though is that Nebraska Sold Out, or a part of Nebraska was sold in that effort.





Talking with my sister the other night I mentioned that to her and we both agreed that it was more than a little cheap-assed punk for them to steal even points from a student, but when you live that way then that way is part of your living. The conversation with her on that topic ended with "Well now he did it even though they ripped him off and the funny thing is they settled too low on this one. They shoulda milked him some more because winnin a little start-up race for next to nothin is nothing like hittin the trifecta. They shoulda kept that bettin winda open for the real stuff...". Then we both agreed that they had done some good after all, they lost pride, he gained pride. They also taught him a little more about themselves and in doing so they have have shown him how good it really can feel not to be anything like them...





That can was opened up and another one. My daughter also moved out here and she was just turned seven years old. She had never in her life been out of the house much and had no experience with being ripped off, taken advantage of or socially abused either, but stupid me put her in that school we call "Society" out here.





Her first real taste of it was at church. At church they had a Soap-Box Derby race and the whole town was planning on going, so we talked her into participating. She used her big brothers car after prepping it and cleaning it up and she won. She did win but they would have no part of that. They made her race again later and she won again in the finalists round. Still she was not allowed to win against a "local", so they made her try again and she won again! Still the best they would allow her was a lie at tying at first place. Which, come to find out is actually less than not racing at all. Because as it stands now still is her participation in the (so-called) event is completed disregarded.





End of the topic is I don't care much for winning a battle with idiots or losing one. I sometimes think that those morons that go back to a battle field for any reason after the fightin is done have their own special version of a mental disorder.





I am glad my son succeeded, but I always knew he would. I'm glad he did it without them, even though they stole from him, but I wish he never had needed to be involved with them like that in the first place.





Last note, every time I look at Nebraska that depth grows deeper, the darkness surrounding it more dark and the puppets more and more like each-other...

No comments: