Thursday, May 14, 2009

Funkin Uggly

I'm pretty uggly, kinda stupid, got no class and aint got no money.

People ask me how I have the balls.

I laugh...

I say "You don't need class or ass, cash or act, brains or charm when you got the Funk in you."

And I swear by it.

What is "Funk"?

To me funk is a genuine love for everything God created, a reserve against those opposing what He has given up but a still stronger affection for light and the colors of light. I think that in a room of 5,000 educated people I know most of the time more about light than all of them combined and if I try to talk about it all I get is "Shaddup, yer trippin again punk!", but it's real. My funk is my love for sound, light (light by the way is how beauty is received. The beauty of a rose is only the reflection of it's light energy) and my love for feeling. Feelings both good and bad are pretty much the same. I accept the broken jaw, don't need pills and I accept it because it is feeling and feeling is life. I cry, I laugh, I smile and I have fear. When I was immature, the other time I was immature, not this time... I tried to only have some feelings....

Better start here..
I tried to only have the good feelings. I bought a ride on the Magic Bus. Believed drugs could alter and adjust the balance of everything, so I became my own pharmicist. I treated tired with speed, Scared with blown out frenzy drunk, insecure with cocaine.

I thought I could actually only have to live out the parts of life I wanted and avoid the rest.

I ended up learning that all parts run the watch or the watch don't run.

So what is Funk again?

Funk is loving all of life, even the harder parts. Funk is taking the rolled up sock outta the crotch of yer pants and the disco shirt off, gettin rid of the phoney shit and loving the life around you.

Funk is singing this song...
Pigs "three different ones" <--- pure Funk!

No comments: