Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1978 music post

Dumb story but here it is.

1978, I was 17 years old doing my first inhouse real-time jail bid. Finding out reform school was a freakin joke because things just got real all at once.

Sue was 25 or 26 and she was my woman. Never short on tricks, she was one kick-ass bitch and she was pregnant with my son David.

I first heard this song "Walking in the rain" in May in jail. It more than defined me. How I felt and what was inside of me was in that song.

When I got released from there life had changed somehow. I'm not sure how but it did.

I had to custom order the album for about $25 extra from New Zealand. It didn't matter to me how much it cost. I couldn't stand the wait for it though.

Song is dark, I know this. It was a dark year. Still it's OK so enjoy.....

Flash 'n' The Pan - Down Among The Dead Men (1978)



Hey St. Peter



This is a Flash in the pan cover, but the one I was looking for...

Give it up for Grace Jones, Walking in the rain,,,



oops, I found the origional, here it is folks...

1 comment:

JB said...

I really like this song!